Many people probably think that a hot tub and a swim spa pool are pretty much the same thing, but this is really not the case. If you’ve been thinking of installing a swim spa or hot tub in your backyard oasis, you need to continue reading below so you’re aware of the major differences and advantages offered by these two units. Having this understanding will be a big help to you when you begin your shopping journey, and it will help clarify in your mind exactly what you want in your backyard.
Definitions of hot tub and swim spa pool
To start with, let’s define these two items so you’ll have a good knowledge of what each one is. A hot tub makes use of water jets and warm water to deliver a relaxing kind of water massage to your tired or aching muscles. Most hot tubs can accommodate somewhere between two and six people at a time, so it’s definitely for more than one person. On the other hand, you can think of a swim spa pool as a cross between a swimming pool and a hot tub. It has the same warm water jets and the same seating accommodations, but it’s generally longer and wider than a hot tub. It may even be long enough and deep enough to have similar dimensions to a full-size swimming pool.
Here are some of the most important advantages provided by a hot tub:
- health benefits – your cardiovascular system can benefit by relaxing in a hot tub, especially when you’ve achieved the optimal temperature. Many people with arthritis also benefit from therapy involving a hot tub, since the water jets can soothe inflammation around the joints.
- socializing – after a day of work or at school, you may want to get together with friends or relatives to enjoy a relaxing stay in your backyard hot tub, and watch the fatigue and soreness melt away. Hot tubs are great for socializing and getting together with neighborhood friends.
- relaxation – you just can’t beat having a hot tub in your yard so you can unwind after a long day. It’s not generally known, but hot tubs are a great way to counteract the effects of insomnia, since they can relax you and prepare you for a great night’s sleep. You might also want to take a dip in the morning before work, so as to prepare yourself for another trying day.
A swim spa pool has a number of advantages all its own, including the following:
- hydrotherapy – given that a swim spa pool is so large, it can be used for hydrotherapy, since the water jets will stimulate the muscles and allow a general feeling of relaxation to build in. Many people use the swim current feature to create resistance that can quickly build muscle.
- year-round recreation – unlike a traditional pool, a swim spa pool is closed in, which means it can be used all year round as a vehicle for recreation and exercise. Your kids can also enjoy the fact that they’ll have a place to splash around and have fun in throughout the entire year.
- fitness – the great thing about having a swim spa pool installed in your backyard is that you never have to go to the gym, or make any special preparations. Working out against the swim current is a great way to maintain your level of fitness and enjoy the health benefits that accrue from regular exercise.
Where to find hot tubs and swim spa pools
If you’re still undecided about a hot tub or swim spa pool, head on down to Motor City Hot Tubs, at either of their two locations in Novi, MI, or in Waterford, MI. Here you’ll find everything you need to make the perfect choice between high-quality hot tubs and swim spa pools. We’ll be glad to answer any of your questions, and offer a few suggestions that might fit your needs. Contact us today, so we can help you proceed with having your very own water therapy unit installed at your premises.